What’s Cookin’ Good Lookin’?
This quick and easy Chicken and Rice recipe will have dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less!
Chicken and rice have always been a staple dinner in our home. You just can’t go wrong with chicken!
There are plenty of different chicken recipes I love to use but this one is the one I go to when we are running low on time and/or if we are in terrible need of a Costco run.
Here’s how I get dinner (and one the kid’s love) on the table in under 30 minutes.
Here’s what I use to feed 7 people, if your family isn’t as large as ours, you can most certainly cut this recipe in half.
- 3 C. Long Grain White Rice
- 3 C. Chicken Stock
- 14 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 C. Olive Oil
- 5 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 5 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Pour 3 cups of rice into a strainer and rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Pour rice into rice cooker and add the Chicken Stock, 1/4 cup of the diced tomatoes (reserve the rest for the chicken), and salt and pepper to taste (I use 3 Tbsp). Mix well, turn the rice cooker on and let it do its thing!
- Heat skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is getting nice and hot, take the chicken out and start piercing it several times with a fork or a knife (this will help the chicken soak in the liquid and make it nice and moist).
- Pour olive oil into the skillet and add the rest of the can of tomatoes. Add 1 Tbsp. of garlic and onion powders, 1 Tbsp. salt, and 1/2 Tbsp. pepper to tomatoes and stir.
- Place the chicken on top of tomatoes and season chicken with 2 Tbsp. of the garlic powder, onion powder, 1 Tbsp. salt, and 1/2 Tbsp. pepper. (I know this sounds like a lot of salt but trust me, the liquid that is left in the pan keeps most of it).
- Cover and cook for 10 min. Flip chicken over and repeat step 5. Cook another 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, your rice should also be done. Serve. Eat. Enjoy. 🙂
If you’d like to see how I do this, you can watch the video below where I go through this entire process.