The simple cleaning method for those who hate to clean!
I’ve always had a set cleaning schedule for my home. I divided my house up by room and by day, and I repeated my schedule weekly. That is until I discovered the 5 Minute Method.
One of the things I hated about my old schedule was that it was hard to keep up with, especially after I had baby number five. Some days I just didn’t have time to get to it and would be left trying to play catch up. Other days I found myself cleaning one room while the other was a disaster.
Once I started trying this 5 Minute Method, I was hooked. I honestly don’t think I’ll ever go back to my old way of cleaning my home. So keep reading if you’re interested in trying out this method as well.
How This Method Works
This is the most uncomplicated way of cleaning and I love it! All you do is set your timer for 5 minutes and clean until the timer goes off. Then you go about your day and when you have more free time, you set it for another 5 minutes.
Here’s how I use this method to keep my home under control and still get things done with my home business.
- I do the first thing on my Daily Docket (you can get this by filling out the form below).
- Set my timer for 5 minutes and start picking up random items scattered around the room and put them back where they belong.
- I do task number two on my daily docket.
- I set my timer for 5 minutes and dust the room I just picked up.
Do this all throughout your day and before you know it, you’ve gotten a ton done around the home and it won’t even feel like it!
The Cleaning Process I Follow
Every 5 minutes I spend cleaning, I follow a specific process to get the most out of my cleaning time. Here’s how I go through my home room by room:
- Pick up random things around the room and put them where they belong.
- Wipe things down with all-purpose spray and/or window cleaning spray (for windows).
- Clean toilets and shower/tub (if you’re in the bathroom)
That’s it! That’s how I spend just 5 minutes a day maintaining my home. Now there will be certain days where I spend more time on things like the monthly tasks, but as far as my daily cleaning goes, this is my go-to method!
Let me know in the comments below if you’re going to try this method and how it works out for you!
Here’s the Facebook Live video I did on this topic. To catch our next FB Live, be sure to like our page and set your notifications on so you don’t miss our weekly episodes!